15. The Prince Family – Cherokee Park Ranch is a family owned and operated guest ranch. Our family came as guests during the summers of 1992 through 1995 and when the ranch came up for sale, we bought it! The fact that we have been guests before provides us with a unique outlook on how it should be operated to best suite our guests needs. We live on our ranch and nothing pleases us more than sharing it with others!
14. The Location– Located only an hour and 45 minutes away from the Denver International Airport, we are a convenient ranch to visit! We are also smack-dab in between the towns of Fort Collins, Colorado and Laramie, Wyoming. Both towns are great places to shop, eat, and explore! Not to mention Livermore, CO is just darn right GORGEOUS!
13. The Variety– We have so many activities to choose from, you won’t know where to start! Horseback riding, fishing, hiking, biking, art classes, boating, tubing, swimming, skeet shooting, river rafting, cattle team penning, horsemanship class, square dancing, hay ride, campfires, get a massage, and more! The beauty of having so many options is each individual in your family can build their own vacation choosing to do as much or as little as possible. It is a vacation, so don’t forget to relax!
12. The Price– We are all-inclusive and reasonably priced! Our cozy lodging, fabulous meals, and all daily/nightly activities are included in our rates. It is our desire to allow everybody to experience the ultimate western vacation!
11. The Colors– Have I mentioned before that where we live is BEAUTIFUL?! We are tucked in the Rocky Mountains which means we are surrounded by green mountains, mossy rocks, colorful wildflowers, twinkling streams, a flashy river, a bright blue clean sky that transforms into a watercolor painting of vibrant colors every sunrise and sunset and to top it off, an unreal night sky covered in stars.
10. The Relaxation– As mentioned above, where we are is pretty great! We are not too far away from any cities and yet when you are here, you feel as though you’ve transported back to a simpler, old western time of life. The second you step foot on our ranch you will be catered to and presented with endless napping possibilities, all with a real “birds chirping, river flowing, breeze ruffling” soundtrack to accompany your nap.
9. The History– The ranch has a fascinating history and is known as one of the first guest ranches in Colorado. During the late 1880’s it was a colorful stage coach stop between Fort Collins, Colorado and Laramie, Wyoming. Incoming guests had to chance Indian confrontations and the rates were only $8.00 per week! Now Indian hostilities are nonexistent but the Western character of the ranch remains. While the old buildings have been modernized, we have done everything possible to maintain their historical integrity. You will enjoy stepping into the past.
8. The Authenticity– Not to toot our own horn but we are the real deal. If you are looking to experience something beyond a “dude ranch” experience, then CPR is the place to come. We want you to experience what ranch life really is. We have our own horse breeding program and so most of the horses on the ranch have been born, raised, and trained right here at CPR. It is of utmost importance to us that you not only enjoy riding but that you also learn a thing or two about proper horse handling and riding so that you feel comfortable in the saddle.
7. The Food– You will be served three fabulous meals a day. For example: start your day with a hearty breakfast of refreshing fruit, buttery biscuits & gravy, tasty scrambled eggs, cheesy parmesan grits, and bottomless bacon! To boost your energy after your morning ride, sit down and enjoy a savory philly cheese steak on a warm hoagie bun, homemade seasoned fries, cooling coleslaw, and then top it off with one of our famous gooey seven layer bars for dessert. End your day with a cookout where you will eat tender, “fall off the bone” ribs smothered in satisfying BBQ sauce, delicious roasted chicken breast, buttery corn, and a yummy salad with a variety of tasty toppings. Don’t forget to save room for a deadly fresh fruit cobbler hot out of the oven, topped with cool fluffy whipped cream. We also cater to any dietary restrictions at no extra cost.
5. The Trails– We have so many trails that you will never repeat one (unless you want to)! Each one is so different and varies in terrain; you will feel like you are riding all over the US. Ride through aspen groves, wide open meadows, the ridgeline of the Rocky Mountains, cross the Cache La Poudre River, through the prairie, and so much more!
4. The Kids Program– We have programs for children ages 2 to 13 years old. They will spend the day with our incredible kids counselors riding, shooting bows and arrows, bottle feeding the calf, building boats, searching for arrowheads, panning for gold, building tipis, and SO much more! Our kids counselors will hold a very special place in your child’s heart forever.
3. The Horses– Our return guests always request the same horse every year and it is usually the first horse they ever rode at CPR! We have 120 horses which means we have a horse for every ability and size. You will form a special bond with your horse as you spend the week together riding through the mountains, chasing cows, and rodeoing.